- 1. Booking Confirmation
- Please EMAIL or PHONE to check availability for the tour. At the same time please let me know if you have any special requests regarding the itinerary. To secure your place on any tour, you will need to pay the non-refundable US$ DEPOSIT (or AUD$ equivalent with interbank charges) as well as send a completed booking form and the signed Release and Assumption of Risk document.
- Deposits and final tour payments are to be made via cheque, Direct Debit or any other way to which I agree. Payment details are to be found on the booking form. All bank transfer fees are to be paid by the client. Final payments for all tours are due 90 days before departure. If I do not receive final payment at this time I reserve the right to regard your booking as cancelled. Cancellation fees will then apply.
- 2. Cancellation Fees and Refund Policy
- I must receive a formal written notification of your cancellation. Deposits are non-refundable. If for any reason a participant ends a tour early or does not make use of a service that has been included in the price of any scheduled tour, no refund for this unused portion or service will be made. Tour fees are not transferable.
- A deposit of US$ 1000 per person is required. Full payment of the tour fee is due 90 days prior to the departure date. In the case of cancellation, I must receive written notification, at which time the following fees apply:
> 89 to 60 days before departure: 75% of tour fee
> 59 or fewer days before departure: 100% of tour fee
- 3. Additional Information
- I make use of the services of Ethiopian Airlines for the flights.
This is the only airline in Ethiopia and I cannot be held directly responsible for any delays or cancellations. If they occur I shall
do the best to make alternative arrangements so that we can continue on the tour itinerary.
- In all locations we make use of minibus transport which is comfortable and road worthy. Ethiopia is a unique destination and infrastructure is not well developed. It is not unusual to experience power cuts or water shortages and I will always do my best to accommodate for these disruptions.
- 4. Accommodation and Catering
- All the accommodations we use are clean and comfortable with a hotel grading of 3 or 4 stars and have the following facilities as standard:
> En-suite bathrooms with flush toilets and hot water
> Electricity for re-charging batteries etc.
> Daily servicing
Food on the tour is based on a Western diet, but you are free to order Ethiopian style food where it is available.
- Breakfasts are provided as part of the tour costs. On some days where it is not possible to stop at a restaurant for lunch, I'll provide a packed lunch or picnic. Dinners are provided as part of the tour costs and will be served either in a hotel restaurant or at outside restaurants. Please advise me if you have any special medical dietary requirements so we can check if it is possible to cater to your needs. Advanced warning is essential and a small surcharge may be necessary.
- 5. Health and Fitness
- The tour does not requires a high level of fitness from participants unless otherwise stated in the tour description. However, it is recommended that you are in good health.
If you have concerns then please contact me for more details. Much of Ethiopia is located above 1500m and in the Simien Mountains we reach an altitude of 3400m. Our tour route allows for several days of steady altitude elevations to help you acclimatise. Please advise me beforehand if you are aware that you have suffered from altitude sickness in the past.
- By paying your deposit and signing the booking form and the Release and Assumption of Risk document, you confirm that you are of reasonable fitness and good health and will not in any way knowingly create a risk for yourself or other tour members. Medical conditions brought to my attention after you have confirmed your place on a tour will not be considered as exceptions to our cancellation policy. My operators and myself will not assume any responsibility for payment of any medical expenses incurred by participants.
- 6. Insurance
- Ethiopia is a remote destination and local health facilities are not always available. Travel Insurance to cover Medical Expenses including medi-vac is compulsory and you will be required to give me a copy of your insurance certificate before the tour commences.
- It is strongly advised that you also take out your own travel insurance to cover personal and photographic equipment.
- 7. Liability
- Neither myself and/or my Agents assume liability for injury, damage to property, loss, accident, delay or irregularity which may be occasioned by any circumstance whatsoever. We accept no responsibility for additional expenses due to any circumstances whatsoever.
- We reserve the right to:
> substitute accommodation of a similar standard to that advertised;
> change the itinerary or mode of transport as a result of changes to airline schedules;
> cancel or curtail any tour; a full or pro rata refund of only received payments will be given;
> substitute your tour leader or guide; this cannot be held as grounds for participant cancellation or refund;
> cancel the participation of any tour member based on unacceptable or disruptive conduct.
- In order to join the tour, each participant must submit a signed, un-edited booking, terms & conditions, liability & waiver form. Failure to do so will result in non participation with no refund.
- 8. Acceptance of Risk
- My photography tours are great adventures, encountering political, cultural and geographical environments that can vary greatly from those of our daily lives. You acknowledge that the tour thus involves a degree of personal risk, presenting physical challenges and dangers beyond those to which we may be accustomed. In arranging and leading these tours I evaluate both the views of government departments and local contacts to assess whether the itinerary is appropriate for us. Nevertheless it is also your responsibility to make yourself familiar with all relevant travel information and the nature of my tour. You acknowledge that your decision to travel is made in light of consideration of this information and you accept that you are aware of the personal risks attendant upon such travel.
- I also recommend that you check your government’s travel advisory for any country to which we are travelling.
- 9. Pre-tour Documentation
- Before your tour I shall email you a number of documents that will provide additional details about the tour. Please feel free to write to me at any time with any questions or concerns you may have about your tour.
- You will receive the following formal documents before your tour begins:
> Confirmation of receipt of deposit and basic itinerary
> Kit list of clothing and equipment suggestions
> Photo equipment and Photo skills questionnaire, including special medical dietary requirements if any
> Country orientation documents
> Pre arrival documents, full itinerary, addresses and contact details.
- 10. Tour Costs
- My tour will detail the exact costs that are included or excluded in your tour fee.
- Each tour offers a per person TWIN SHARING fee or per person SINGLE SUPPLEMENT fee. If you are a single traveller and would be happy to share accommodation with another single (same gender) participant then you need to let us know on your booking form. We will do our best to match you up with another single traveller. However, if another single traveller is not available then you will be charged the full
SINGLE SUPPLEMENT fee.
- Cost increases from the suppliers may occur at any time and are beyond my control. In such cases I may be forced to change the price of the tour accordingly and I reserve the right to do so without notice. Such unforeseen increases cannot be viewed as grounds for refunds or cancellations.